Tied in Faith—Sent in Hope—Wrapped in Love
In addition to being a cozy, clean new bed cover, it can be:
- a baby carrier, tied around a mother’s back
- a market display, spread on the ground and piled with vegetables
- a sack for transporting those goods to market
- a sunshade shawl, and most importantly
- a constant reminder that someone, far away, cares a lot.
As evident from the photos of the quilts in the sanctuary on Quilt Sunday, we are not creating art or even craft quilts, the Flying Quilters create practical, warm coverings for those in need anywhere in the world. Last year St. Martin’s quilting stitched together over 200 quilts which we then delivered to Lutheran World Relief.
If you wish to be a part of this important outreach ministry please join our quilting group which meets on alternate Mondays from 10:00 am to 2:00 pm in Fellowship Room A. (Check the calendar for exact days.) No special sewing skills are necessary. Most Quilters also bring a bag lunch.You can also be a part of this ministry by donating your gently used sheets, blankets and yard goods or by making a donation to purchase quilt batting (quilt middles). For more information, email Judy Houston at